Saturday, July 11, 2015

spared


      Jesus intervenes to save me. He saves me.
      In 1992 I was driving home from Chillicothe frustrated and depressed. The ad sales I thought I could drum up on a Saturday morning had fallen through. This was when I worked for the local Carrollton Daily Democrat newspaper. I was angry inside. The smoldering anger nearly ended my life in suicide.
      As I drove down highway 65 I tried to push the thoughts out of my mind. I prayed for Bible verses. Nothing seemed to help. When I drove down the off ramp at the Carrollton exit I was in a depressed stupor. I entertained how easy it would be to drive past the stop sign in the the ditch and end my life.
     Jesus intervened and stopped me.
     The Spirit led me to a nameless friend and after our talk my day brightened up a lot.
     As I remember that smoldering anger and where I was I wondered: how does someone who does not know Jesus make it through the day??
    Without Jesus there helping me - guiding me to friend - or getting help, I would have been dead by now. Being a Christian and thinking of suicide is a possibility.
    Oh Jesus. I thank You for Your intervention. You save me. I praise You. You are worthy of all praise. You preserved my life. You direct my steps. You love and care for me. Jesus. Thank You, Jesus.

Prayer journal entry, 1992
Carrollton, MO
Karl Marxhausen

No comments:

Post a Comment