Tuesday, November 8, 2011

difficult

In the 
dark the 
stress was 
real.
Work-
ing 
with 
the 
chem-
icals 
to 
devel-
op 
the black and white 35mm film. During the summer of 1993, the flood waters closed down the Daily Democrat newspaper where I worked. We evacuated as the water came in through the backdoor, carrying equipment to the flatbed trailer, as our legs walked through the rising waters. It was a rough time. Our services were relocated to the Career Center on higher ground until the water level went down months later. One morning the staff gathered to cut up and haul out sections of the smelly ruined carpet. It was a difficult sad time. The stress in the darkroom drove me to my knees. 

My desperate prayers and concerns were heard. Hope came in the midst of unwelcome circumstances. Jesus was the one of gave it. This is my story.
Hope Brought To My Pain by Karl Marxhausen, acrylic on board, 28 3/4 by 35 inches
Elsewhere art exhibit, All Souls Gallery, 4501 Walnut, Kansas City, MO. Nov 6 to Dec 2, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment