Monday, October 3, 2016

active spirit brings it to mind

These days I spend time fostering expression. 
Once George told me about his motorcycle wreck. How the hospital expected his injures to be fatal, but they were not. 


Matt attributed his survival in a car accident to assistance from God.  
Joanna told me about the sign the Lord sent her telling her son was okay-- a large flock of red birds landed in her back yard. 

 

Remembering a touch from a caring God in the midst of her despair, a workman brought to Sarah a bottle of water when she was crying out
side the hospital. Her grandson in surgery. The man said to her: "It looks like you could use this." 

 

Last summer we met at the Folger Street coffeehouse. This Autumn meeting with two brothers and a bible student who live at Patty Court and a couple I visit at Bosworth. 
It is the active presence of the Spirit who brings the memory to the surface (Book of John, chapter 14, verse 26). 

 

We write down "what He does" and "how He is" based on entries from the book of psalms. (#34 and #103 and #91, and so on) 
Something to bring my heart back to Him when I read it later.

 
 
 
I really enjoy this. Unscripted responses from unfamiliar folks who believe. Relying less on "correct" answers, and honoring honest ones. In September I chose to stay home from the Paint out in Marceline, Missouri. Preferring to keep my visits going.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment