Tuesday, September 8, 2015

painting notes A
















For two days I painted outside in my backyard last month. Thursday and Friday, August 20 and 21. My favorite drink by my side. Lemonade, honey, and siracha mixed in hot water. Mmmmm.


Detail of ivy, right.









Detail of limbs, left.

 Two days set aside to work on it.






Detail of flowers.


















ABOVE, detail of myself painting. I used a mirror to render it. Actually, the heavy quarter-inch bedroom mirror fell over outside and cracked into itty-bitty shards. It was carefully gathered and put in the trash can. Bye bye heirloom. Bought a four dollar replacement from Shopko. Ha.

The arching tree with ivy. A tall viney tree at the edge on my yard. A bed of flowers.




Below, notice lake added to background.

Canvas measures 24 by 30 inches.
(Double click to see images enlarged)

On Saturday, Sept 5th, I spoke about this piece.
Video is eight minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment