Thursday, August 13, 2015

artist with wrapped foot - me

  Last Thursday I ventured out with my hobble, my wrapped foot, and found that I could still paint. Thanks to my wife Jan, the Carrollton art teacher, who said she wanted me to try doing art.


Ten minute video on site.
The painting ABOVE was the last one I had painted at Moss Creek two years ago now. It measured 40 by 36 inches. I packed it along last Thursday, hoping I could do as well on the blank canvas I had brought. Finished, BELOW. That one measured 20 by 16 inches.


    I turned 60 years old two weeks ago. Artists can have health issues. I do. Gratefully, the recent painting was made. I am very happy with it.

   The blow back came three days later. The lifting of the paint supply pack strained my back and the left upper arm, which landed me in the Emergency Room Sunday morning. I am not in the physical shape I once was. Venous stasis ulcers on my ankles are due to poor circulation. Welcome to being a silver-haired senior. Ha. My weekly visit to the wound care clinic reminds me that I am among the living, my nerve endings still work, and a slow steady gait is much safer for me these days.

    My emotions are calm, my body is wigged out. God makes a way. Still trying to be open. But as the nurse told me about the treatments: "We'll see how your body handles it."

   Cheers.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment