Wednesday, April 29, 2015

just how it is these days

Well. It is under a wrap, a sock, and a sandal.

A visit with my mother Dorris at the Arbors.
Twelve minutes.

These days this is how it is.

My beautiful left ankle. In this small area there many nerves ready to tell me they are connected and they have a voice. "We are tender. Listen to us."

My lovely right ankle. This hydroconductive Drawtex material is engineered to keep the moisture level just right for healing. It also absorbs moisture if it gets to be too much. Remarkable. I am living in the future. Ha.

The drainage in my wound dressing, which I have changed myself the last five weeks. Amazing fibers. The pain is less amazing. I do NOT LIKE IT when it talks to me.
My sister-in-law tells me, "It is good that you have feeling in your legs. Because some people have lost that sensation. And pain tells you something is wrong and requires attention." God, you created pain. Thank you that I can experience it. Ouch!



No comments:

Post a Comment