Monday, July 30, 2012

his answer

Shouts of joy resound in my tent. He did it.
The Lord has done mighty acts. He answered me.
Thus, pens song writer and poet David, son of Jesse.
The day the dragon wind howled in my ears,
surrounded by juicy mulberries,
just west of the Floyd Levee, off blacktop B,
this is the information I came home with.
 My dream was to capture
the branches going up up up above my head,
 yeah, imagine this, on a horizontal canvas.
Double click on image to enlarge.
(15"h x 24"w on stretched canvas)
The dream took shape
when I rendered an abstract on square paper.
(18 x 18 inches)
It was during the workouts
 in the water and
 the sauna heat,
the waiting, the pausing,
the resting of the mind,
that He brought it to me.

The square graphite came next.
(12 x 12 inches)
There are too many
changes that He granted,
praise to His name, His majestic name.
So grateful this image came to be.
The desire of my heart,
placed within by His intention
bestowed by His affection.
Harder still would be 
the converting
of graphite swiggles
 into solid black shapes.
Inked linoleum block
 (twelve inches square)
Double click on images to see enlarged.
Trial proof

Woodcuts and paintings
Now on display
lower level of Burkholder Project
Lincoln, Nebraska
August 3-28

No comments:

Post a Comment