Monday, February 20, 2017

c - r


in this place of waiting
i look to you
for what you are about to bring me into

nerves on end   settle in the dust
      when you capture my attention

tuck me in your pocket
draw my whisper close
found in you, let me be found in you


your excitement fills my being


in a realm i cannot see
your voice takes my hand and calls me your bride


you keep bringing the words
every time
ask


moments of joy exuberance
days slowed down, all energy spent,
in this place of waiting
one thing sings gently behind my eyes
                                    behind my senses
                                    behind my intellect
                                    and desire:
what he starts in me he will finish


27 x 32 1/2 inches, marker on paper
C - R
February 20, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment