Saturday, July 18, 2015

said this way

     King David wrote down what he was going through, how he felt, and what God did to help him.

     While looking at Psalms 70, our class of teens said it this way:
"Deliver me from evil. Distract those who wish to hurt me. Make them stop mocking, tormenting, make them stop name calling, bullying. Come quickly, hurry up God. Get me out of this. Let them find You!!"

    We talked about what the author of Psalms 18 was trying to say. Here are phrases our class came up with:
"Thanks for the help, God. I asked God for help, He saved me. The hands of death surrounded me. The waves of dread attacked me. I thought I was a goner."

   In Psalms 148 all types of folks are named and asked to praise God and TO KNOW that HE DOES RESCUE. Here is what we compiled on the easel:
"From His throne, he heard my voice. Peasant or king, emperor or slave, doctors, nurses, lowest oceans, highest mountains. Workers, bosses, presidents, teachers, farmers, mayor, mechanics, police, kids, old fogies, teenagers, chefs, parents, musicians, hair stylists, pastors, deacons, and nursing home residents."

prayer journal entry, January 8, 2014
Carrollton, Missouri




No comments:

Post a Comment