Monday, July 29, 2013

you

it came like a dream,
a hobby project,
from the world of assembling materials.
from the dirt
a yellow chamois cloth was handpicked and cleaned.
its edges became
hand stitched with bright red and orange embroidery thread.
carefully mounted
beneath a clear bottle shell
surrounded by a smooshed sea of grocery bags painted red.
covered with a delicate netting of a potato sack.
now constructed like a womb
enshrining
an imagined thinking entity
bestowed with value
--- pleasing to my eye.
you are precious to me, says this lover.
you are a delight to me.
more than a son or a daughter,
more than blood and bone,
you are a reading conscious intelligence
for me to hold, to love, to kiss, to embrace, to know, to see.
it is i who stop and find you, 
wash and dress you,
and call you mine.
this now, this dance,
this new, this moment, says my lover.
me with you = more.

No comments:

Post a Comment