Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Monday - bluff creek sunrise

The month of May has been rainy in Carroll County, Missouri. I only go out to the bluff creek area when the gravel roads are dry. Right after a thunder shower, the areas I like to venture into are problematic. Too muddy for driving. Not worth my time. May 23 was dry.

He woke me up early Monday morning like I requested Sunday night. Thank you, Jesus. Out the door by 7:30 AM. Painted from 7:45 - 10 am. Ate sack sandwiches I had packed. Drove home and napped. Here is the progression of that work.

Two minutes.Light colored paint sketched across the canvas.

Way high tree key.

Nine minutes. Attention to sunrise light on sky, sunburst thru leaves. Shows the process.

Log, sandbar rocks, right shale wall, plants, patterns, lower left foreground. No prelim sketch. Work every area. Learn by doing. Evaluate later. That is plein air. Do better next time around.

Bluff Creek Sunrise
acrylic on wraparound canvas
20 x 20 inches
May 23, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment