Saturday, November 29, 2014

poem by km

 

He caught it on film. 
The cycle 
in motion, 
from flower 
to fruit. 
Stand still 
and 
gaze at it. 
The Multiplier of cells 
brings this pregnancy 
to full term. 
Behold, His hand at work. 
This One, engaged. 
His system of circulation 
and 
respiration 
is regulated 
by what He has coded. 
The flower withers 
and soon, 
soon 
the flesh of an apricot 
will be ready 
to pluck 
and eat 
and savor. 
                                                              

The biologist 
knows more than I,  
what mechanics are in play 
for this stage to happen. 
This slide, 
this moment, this meditation, 
this exultation, 
this shout out to HIM, 
this hurrah, 
this trumpet blast, 
this pronouncement to this One, 
THIS one, HE, 
he makes, 
he makes a way forward 
in my day. 
His interest in me, 
his engagement 
with those I walk by,
 his conversation 
with his flock, 
his sheep know his voice, 
he calls them out by name, 
he names me, 
I am HIS, I belong to Lovely Majestic 
Gracious Transcendent 
Jesus 
Father 
Spirit 
Engineer and Manager.
        I place my song in YOUR hands, 
O King, O Friend, 
O Savior, 
O Lover, 
O Shepherd.
Thank you Marx for this ticket in, 
to your thoughts, 
your whispers of glory, 
your fascination, 
your worship, 
your call 
--
to stand still 
--
and 
remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment